Healing Spiritual Abuse
Product #: HSA134
Author(s): Ken Blue
Contents: 166 pages
Are you a victim of Spiritual Abuse?
- Are you discouraged from questioning the decisions or teachings church leaders make?
- If you do little or no volunteer work for the church, do you feel like a second-class Christian?
- Does your pastor insist on being addressed by a title such as "Dr." or "Pastor"?
- Do you hear many broad, vague appeals to "surrender fully," "yield completely" or "lay it all on the altar"?
- Are public reports about various ministry activities sometimes exaggerated?
- Do church members feel safe talking only about past victories, not present struggles?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be a victim of spiritual abuse.
Many of us have gone through bad church experiences that have left us feeling like failures. Blaming ourselves, we asked for God's forgiveness, but felt distant from the church and sometimes from God too.
Often, however, the fault is not ours but that of Christian leaders who abuse spiritually. How can we recognize the signs of spiritual abuse? What can we do to gain healing from the wounds we have experienced?
With clarity and refreshing honesty, Ken Blue answers these questions and offers hope and healing to the victims of spiritual abuse. In addition he shows Christian leaders how to avoid abusive patterns and instead offer Christ's gospel of grace to every casualty of bad church experiences.