The Mormon Mirage
Product #: MM148
Author(s): Latayne C. Scott
Contents: 363 pages, 3rd edition
As a gifted young student at Brigham Young University, Latayne Colvett Scott once was an ardent proponent of Mormonism. But a meticulous examination of Latter-day Saint (LDS) doctrines and practices convinced her that she and countless others had believed a lie. In the first edition of The Mormon Mirage, Scott shared her remarkable journey out of Mormonism as she uncovered shocking inaccuracies, and contradictions in the faith she had loved and lived.
Thirty years later, Mormonism and Mormon scholarship have evolved with the times. In this third, revised and updated edition of her well-known book, Scott keeps pace with changes and advances in Mormonism, and reveals formidable new challenges to LDS claims and teachings.
The Mormon Mirage gives you fascinating, carefully documented insights into:
- DNA research's withering implications for the Book of Mormon
- The impact of new "revelations" on LDS race relations
- New findings about Mormon history
- Increasing publicity about LDS splinter groups, particularly polygamous ones
- Recent disavowals by church leadership of long-held doctrines
- The rise of Mormon apologetics on the Internet
More than a riveting insider's scrutiny of the Mormon faith, this book is a testimony to the trustworthiness of Scripture and the grace of Jesus Christ.